Milton Keynes Service Area: • Buckinghamshire • Luton • Newport Pagnell • Onley • Stony Stratford • Emberton • Dunstable • Leighton Buzzard • Buckingham • Milton Keynes •
Services: • Counselling • Psychotherapy • Anxiety & Stress Treatment • Life & Career Coaching • Personal & Professional Development • Dream Analysis (Jungian) • Counseling • Marriage Guidance •
Issues: • Mental Health • Depression • Low Self-Esteem • Abuse • Anxiety • Stress • Relationships • Couples • Anger • Self-Harm • Eating Disorders & Distress • Bullying • OCD •
Please feel free to contact us to discuss your Counselling and Psychotherapy needs or to make an appointment. TonicTalk offers a full range of services including Couple / Marriage Counselling, Anger Management, Anxiety therapies and much more besides. For a professional and personal service we are here to help you.
Tel: 01933 395 497 (Private line)
Tel: 01933 395 497 (Private line)
Mob: 0742 714 4234
Tel: 01933 358 739 (Private line)
Mob: 0783 778 4663
Bedford, Northampton and Milton Keynes Counsellor contact details page.
Everyone needs a space to think. A quiet private place and a comfy chair. A place to reflect and work through issues, history and events and perhaps, a trained, skilled and experienced individual to assist with that process. To discover new ideas and resources where once one felt exhausted and perhaps even overwhelmed. To unburden oneself without a sense of burdening others. To share one’s deepest secrets, fears and concerns in confidence. A place to be free and heard and be renewed.
Counselling and Psychotherapy offers such a space and an individual to share with without fear of burdening, being judged or rejected, but instead, with a sense of acceptance, understanding and courage to go where you need to go and discover new insight and new possibilities. A Psychotherapist or Counsellor can offer you the help and support you need during your time of difficulty and the gentle guidance of a trained, experienced, uncluttered, compassionate and open mind that may help to keep you on track. Our Male and Female Therapists are qualified, trained, experienced and skilled in facilitating your personal journey, change, self-discovery and growth. They can help you outgrow or overcome personal issues that have plagued your life, hampering your happiness, career and healthy relationships. They can guide you to new understandings and a realisation of your potential; and healthier more productive ways of processing and relating that will enhance your life. You can have the life and relationships that you need to make your life joyous and fulfilling.
Why leave your happiness and health to chance? Why not arrange an appointment and discover for yourself what we can do to assist you?
TonicTalk is an independent client funded partnership of fully trained, qualified and experienced Psychotherapists and Counsellors who specialise in providing high quality Counselling, Psychotherapy and other Therapeutic services to the general public. We provide services to Men, Women, and Young people, from all backgrounds, faiths and walks of life. Our Male and Female Therapists are fully inclusive and non-discriminatory and dedicated to providing for your needs. We are her for you.
Not all Psychotherapists and Counsellors are the same. As it is with all professions there are those who are dedicated to their work; who give reverence to the needs of others and are therefore useful, properly trained, skilled, helpful and diligent Professionals and there are those who are not. Therefore, do not leave your personal and professional development or your or your family’s health and wellbeing to chance. Instead, contact TonicTalk and employ a proven professional.
Our practice catchment counties are Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, and Buckinghamshire. This includes the towns and villages in and around Northampton, Bedford, Milton Keynes, Newport Pagnell, Wellingborough, Kettering, Olney, Corby, Stony Stratford, and Rushden. While you may have to drive to us, your personal care, development and wellbeing is worth a short car journey.
For more information, please visit the following:
- About TonicTalk: A description of the partnership, its goals history and function.
- Contact Us: Details of how to contact us and our venue locations.
- About this Site: Details concerning this site and its function.
Professional Counselling and Psychotherapy offers you an integrated opportunity to change your life forever. You and your family deserve peace, happiness and wellbeing and TonicTalk Counselling and Psychotherapy are here to help you achieve that goal.
- Your choice of male or female full-time, professional, highly qualified and experienced counsellors and psychotherapists
- Three consultation rooms in Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire:
- Higham Ferrers room servicing Northampton, Kettering, Wellingborough, Irthlingborough, Billing, etc.
- Newport Pagnell room servicing Milton Keynes, Luton, Olney, Emberton, etc.
- Bedford town centre room servicing Bedford, Kempston, Elstow, etc.
- Flexible: Morning, Afternoon and Evening appointments.
- Confidential Service
- Please note: Services accessed via GP or NHS are recorded on your permanent health record which affects employment prospects, insurance costs and court cases.
TonicTalk Anger Management therapists are fully trained counsellors and have years of experience in helping people of any age and gender over Anger Management issues. We help people overcome:
• Both Overt Aggression and Passive Aggression
• Snappishness, Quick temperedness, Petulance
• Throwing and breaking objects, Punching things
• Shouting and Aggressive outbursts
• Physical, emotional and psychological abuse
• Domestic Violence
• Co-dependant relationships
Sadly, violence and threatening and bullying behaviours are common to couples, families, work places and society as a whole. From childhood through to adulthood an individual may suffer Physical, Emotional and Sexual abuse, bullying and harassment and this invariably has a long term effect on their lives and relationships. Our Psychotherapists and Counsellors are dedicated and experienced in working sensitively with to help them rebuild healthy lives and relationships.
More than 50% of all long term committed relationships including marriages fail, it therefore seems a worthwhile investment to resolve issues rather than the alternative. Our counsellors and Psychotherapists specialise in helping people improve all forms of relationships including:
• Couples, Marriages & Civil Partnerships
• Parent and Child, Siblings, & Interfamily
TonicTalk can help you:
• Resolve conflicts and Misunderstandings
• Overcome and avoid bitterness and resentment
• Understand and accept each other
• Improve your Communication skills
• Voice needs and goals and achieve them
• Improve intimacy, care and Love
• Minimise all forms of aggression
Even great relationships have their issues. People service their cars and boilers as a precaution. Why not invest in your relationship to ensure small issues do not become critical and also to improve and develop?
TonicTalk also offers assistance when relationships and marriages fail, helping keep costs to a minimum and reducing the psychological damage done to children.
Top of Page
Anxiety is a common to complex emotional, psychological and behavioural issue that can include the extremes of Panic Attacks, Phobias, OCD and GAD. Despite being ineffectual and having side-effects, G.P.s offer Anti-Anxiety medication which can only manage symptoms and will not resolve the underlying causes. Counselling and Psychotherapy offers one of the few viable long term sustainable solutions and our counsellors and Psychotherapists have great success in assisting individuals to overcome Anxiety, Panic Attacks, OCD and GAD.
There are many forms of depression, both long-term and short-term, and often these are treated with long term antidepressants which only manage symptomology without the prospect of a real sustainable solution. Talking therapies like Counselling and Psychotherapy can bring long term sustainable relief and we have an excellent reputation for providing such help.
Considering the importance of psychological health and the impact that personal issues and concerns can have on an individual’s life and wellbeing; we feel that it is important for clients to find accessible professional and effective Counselling and Psychotherapy services. To this end we have two venues that can be accessed conveniently in which such services can be found.
This private room is bright and airy and comfortably furnished and is conveniently situated in East Northamptonshire with plenty of parking and easy access from the A6 and A45.
Its catchment area includes Rushden, Corby, Kettering, Wellingborough, Wollaston, Irthlingborough, Finedon, Thrapston, St. Neots, Pavenham, Sharnbrook, Billing, Earls Barton, Cogenhoe, Great Doddington, Northampton, and Bedford. All are within 15 miles travel. See Contact Us for more details.
This room is situated within DeVere’s hotel and conference facility in Newport Pagnell. It is a smart, tidy building with plenty of off-street parking, a public gym, reception areas, coffee bars, internet access and much more besides. The room itself is light and spacious and furnished in a contemporary style. Utilising a conference facility allows us to offer our clients complete anonymity and confidentiality. If you arrive early to your session you can relax and take advantage of the public waiting area with refreshments and WC. This facility has excellent disabled access.
Its catchment area includes Milton Keynes, Olney, Emberton, Kempston, Stony Stratford, Bletchley, Bedford and other surrounding towns and villages. See Contact Us for more details.
- Full time professional practice: Sessions available from early morning to late evening.
- Concessions available upon request.
Individuals: One to One appointments
- £50 per hour (pro rata there after) weekdays between 9:00am and 9:00pm
- £80 per hour (pro rata there after) Saturdays between 10:30am and 4:00pm
- £90 per hour (pro rata there after) Sundays between 11:00am and 3:00pm
A weekday appointment, morning, daytime or evening, for an individual costs only £50.
Couples or Parent and child: Two to One appointments
- £80 per 75 minute appointment (pro rata there after) weekdays between 9:00am and 9:00pm
- £100 per 75 minute appointment (pro rata there after) Saturdays between 10:30am and 4:00pm
- £120 per 75 minute appointment (pro rata there after) Sundays between 11:00am and 3:00pm
A weekday appointment for a couple is just £80
For more information on Fees and Concessions and conditions of service; please visit our Fees and Conditions page
This section contains pages pertaining to each of our therapists. We hope that this will allow you to get to know our therapists a little better and help you choose who you would like to work with.
His experience is wide and varied and ranges from common life issues including: Depression, Anxiety, Self-esteem issues, Relationship issues, Bereavement, childhood neglect and abuse, Bullying, Divorce and Separation, Work and Career issues, Adoption, Spousal / Partner / Wife / Husband Abuse, Anger Management issues, Substance Misuse, Alcoholism and Self Harm, and Neglect. To less common issues including: OCD, childhood sexual abuse, Adoption, Suicide, Schizoid issues, Bi-Polar, Personality disorders, and much more besides. Carlos is willing and able to work with any individual or couple and their presenting issues and is a fully qualified and indemnified member of the BACP (MBACP). Read Carlos’ profile.
Carlos is an extremely insightful Psychotherapist who works with his clients in a gentle, caring and non-judging way. He is sensitive to their needs, fears, frustrations, and frailties, but also has the strength, courage, congruence and compassion necessary to truly connect with his clients and support them through whatever difficulties they may bring without he himself becoming jaded, rejecting, retaliatory, fearful or demanding. He has over four years clinical experience as an NHS Psychotherapist and Counsellor providing Therapy in and around Northamptonshire and also works for MIND and in the past for CRUSE as a Bereavement Therapist. His patience and care, combined with keen analytical and interpretative skills provides his clients with an environment for growth and change that is second to none and he has extensive experience Counselling Adults, (both Men and Women), Adolescents and Children.
Suzanne is an intuitive, compassionate, committed, and insightful Therapist with over three years experience and has worked for the NHS and CRUSE providing Counselling and Psychotherapy to Adults and Adolescents. Suzanne is an Integrative Jungian Psychotherapist who is able to work with any individual and their presenting issues and her experience includes Depression, Infertility, Childhood Sexual Abuse, low self worth, Bereavement, Bullying, Parental abuse, and much more besides. Suzanne has an MA in Psychotherapy and Healing Practice (Middlesex). Read Suzanne’s profile.
We are a privately funded Psychotherapy and Counselling practice and therefore work directly for our clients and in their best interest. Client confidentially is assured through the following procedures:
- Since computers are vulnerable to attack and data theft; no personal client information or Counselling / Psychotherapy session notes are kept on computer.
- Client session notes and personal information are only kept as hard copy and securely locked away. Access to these paper records is restricted to the Therapist and Client unless directed by a court order or under other legal obligation.
- To ensure privacy and confidentiality, TonicTalk and its agents will not share any information concerning Counselling, Psychotherapy or other services accessed by a clients with any other agency unless specifically directed to do so by court order.
- The health services keep complete and lifelong medical records of all medical interventions including those reported by other agencies. Many, both within and without the health services have access to medical records and as such they should not be considered confidential. Often, insurers and employers demand access to medical records such that their content may prejudice both the availability and cost of insurance or be detrimental to employment prospects. In our opinion, it is therefore, not in the best interest of clients to inform G.P.s of services accessed.
For many people making the decision to take up Counselling or Psychotherapy is difficult. They often feel that their issues and concerns are not important enough to warrant attention for fear of being seen as a ‘malingerer’, ‘time waster’ or fraud when there are people who ‘really’ need help out there. Others feel that their issues and concerns are so insurmountable and overwhelming that they are impossible to resolve. And if they expressed how they feel; that they would lose themselves or never stop crying; or that a Therapist would not be able to ‘cope’ or be unwilling to help. Others feel that no one could begin to understand how they feel or be able to help, so what is the point trying to explain it? And others feel that their ’secret’ is so terrible or damning that they would be judged and rejected if anyone knew.
Small or large; any issue or concern that is having a detrimental effect on your life or the life of your family or your personal wellbeing is worth investing in to resolve. Anything that ‘pulls you down’, depresses you, causes you stress, anxiety or fear or to devalue yourself is something Therapy can help you to overcome.
Counselling and Psychotherapy, when practiced by a properly trained, qualified and developed Therapist, offers a unique opportunity to engage with how you feel and think and with your past and present experiences, within a safe, supportive, non-judging, nurturing and healthy environment. It is a positive opportunity to work perhaps on the most difficult elements of your life and in so doing grow beyond them and be renewed.
Everything that you currently Feel, Think and have Experienced is completely ‘real’ and undeniable; but, while it may do, it does not have to be the limit of your life and potential happiness. You can grow beyond Fear, Shame, Depression, Anxiety, Despair, Loneliness, Unhappiness, Worthlessness, Aggression and anything else that plagues your life and robs you of your Dignity, Value, Resilience, Spontaneity, Confidence, Tolerance, Appreciation, Peace and Joy. Life has infinite possibilities and in general, is what we make it. Through Therapy you can realise your potential and become all that you able to be.
While many may feel that Therapy is for weak, and perhaps ‘mental’ or ‘crazy’ people; it is not. Therapy is for everyone and anyone who wants to move beyond their issues, worries and concerns or overcome personal psychological problems that degrade their lives. Through the assistance Therapy offers, you can achieve joy, and a better connection and understanding with yourself and those in your life; you can become more tolerant and peaceful; and you can achieve a sense of self appreciation that will reflect in everything you do. Happiness is achieved when what you think, feel and do are in harmony with each other and your social and personal context; and Therapy can help you achieve this.
There is no need to ‘suffer in silence’ or ‘put up with’ things as they are. We are here to help you.
All our Therapists are experienced, skilled, qualified, reputable and professional practitioners who are able to provide help and therapy in the vast majority of cases. They are ordinary people who have worked and studied hard for years to acquire skills, insights, and personal qualities and achieve personal development that enables them to work effectively with clients.
Ordinarily, for the majority of people before they engage the services of a therapist they have many questions pertaining to types of therapies, diagnosis’, costs, time scales, expectations, and much, much more besides. In this section we hope to ask those questions and answer them as clearly and succinctly as possible. If however, you have a question that is not answered, please feel free to ‘contact us’ and we will endeavour to answer the question, find you an answer or point you in the right direction.
Here you will find Ideas, and Experience concerning how best to utilise your resources, Financial and Personal, to gain maximum benefit with respect to your personal development. We hope to promote that which we feel is helpful, explode some myths and expose the pitfalls so that you can at least recognise them. The section is divided up into four pages:
- Personal and Professional Issues
- Personal Therapy
- Group Work
- Independent Growth
In this section we have placed all that we would like to include on this site that did not fit under any of the previous headings:
This article has been randomly selected from a group of Counselling and Psychotherapy articles which attempt to provide information concerning the Therapeutic process and how it can help with respect to specific issues and concerns. The list is not exhaustive and we will continue to add to it when the opportunity arises.
Domestic violence is largely a hidden crime masked in shame, blame, and fear. It is mostly perpetrated against women and children by men however men can are also the victims. This type of abuse can take many forms including:
- Violent Attacks
- Sexual Abuse and Rape
- Restraining and Imprisoning
- Destruction of Property
- Fear and Intimidation
- Unreasonable and overbearing Control
- Emotional abuse
The statistics concerning Domestic violence perpetrated by current or ex partners are unreliable since as a crime it largely goes unreported and only is recorded when police or other agents of the law are involved. If you are in or have been in an abusive relationship Therapy can help you. If you are the perpetrator of abuse Therapy can also help you. Therapy is a safe non judging relationship in which anyone can work to improve their relationship with themselves, others and the world.
Counselling and Psychotherapy can help
- Increase self esteem, courage and motivation to change the nature of their relationships or end an abusive relationship.
- Understand why perhaps there may has been a string of abusive relationships and change the nature of relating to self which may allow or encourage such relationships to form
- Undo the emotional damage done by abuse or at lease help come to terms with it
- Raise self-empowerment, self-respect, self-belief, self-reliance, courage, resilience, and self-love.
- Overcome the need to use oppression, abuse and violence as a means of getting needs met
- Understand what is being expressed through abuse
- Improve self-respect
- Find healthy outlets for stress, frustration and resentment
- Improve relational and communication skills
- Break the cycle of abuse by helping children understand the true nature of health relationships for themselves and others
- Provide a safe place to express their emotions, fears, concerns and needs.
- Improve self esteem and self awareness
- Provide health and timely outlets for stress and frustration
- Improve relational and communication skills
Therapy has much to offer with respect to all forms of relational difficulties and there is no need to suffer in silence or live in fear. Please feel free to Contact Us to confidentially discuss your needs.
To view a the complete set of articles; Please visit our Articles page.
We hope you visit TonicTalk Milton Keynes Counseling and Psychotherapy again.
Reset: 5th Dec 2010
Visits to Counselling Milton Keynes
Unique Visits to Counselling Milton Keynes